Saturday, January 24, 2015

Applebee's

     Today, me and three friends went to lunch at Applebee's. I got the Shrimp 'N Parmesan Sirloin and Frozen Mango Lemonade. Dale got the Ultimate Trios which is an appetizer where can pick three appetizers; the three appetizers he chose were Steak Quesadilla Towers, Mozzarella Sticks, and Boneless Wings with buffalo sauce. He also got a strawberry limeade. One of my other friends got Applebee's
signature chili. He gave me a taste and later gave me the rest because he wanted to save room for his main meal. It had of been the most flavorful chili I had ever had. My friend who had ordered the chili and Dale thought that it was rather spicy, but I thought that the heat was just right.
This is a picture of the Applebee's
signature chili. As you can see, it had a few jalapenos.
     My Shrimp 'N Parmesan Sirloin had a rather interesting cheese on it. The steak I got was cooked well; Sometimes I have steak sauce on my steak, but the cheese and how well it was cooked made it fine without it. It was nice to have shrimp in a different way then I usually have it. (Generally, the shrimp I have is just breaded because I wanted to be able to taste the shrimp.) In this dish, the shrimp was imbedded in the cheese sauce that was poured on top of my steak. My vegetable side I would have preferred if it was just zucchini instead of mixed vegetables, but I mainly wanted the steak, so I ignored that. Besides, there was still a good chunk of it that was zucchini, but also carrots and I like carrots [I gave the broccoli to a friend (not the friend who had the chili.)] I wanted a baked potato with with my steak, but they don't serve them until past 4:00 P.M. I ended up getting red potatoes instead as my starch. It was hard to tell if my drink tasted like mango, but it was certainly good. 
     Two of my friends got steak, but they said that they thought the steaks were to fatty or something. I wasn't really paying attention because I was eating my steak. Anyway, the waitress offered for the chef to cook another one, but one of my friends didn't want to be waiting and resume eating after Dale and I had finished, so he turned down the offer. Later, however, the waitress took a few dollars off his steak.
     I really enjoyed myself and the food and drinks while I was there. I'd go there again even if I have to leave those to friends a pizza place or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment